1 |  2 |  Next   | Last 
Item Posts    Sort Order

Frank Kimmel Enduro Nationals

lazermod3 lazermod3
New User | Posts: 6 | Joined: 11/07
Posted: 11/17/07
11:51 AM

what do you think about this?

my opinion is this is what i've been waiting for. stock car racing at it's most pure form. i think the name enduro should be removed because to me the race i saw at kentucky last may was like taking a trip back in time to when nascar was my life. only i saw alot more cars on the track and racing 6 wide it was great!!!!!1  
you just got greased!

kizzy kizzy
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 12/03/07
08:58 PM

I am a street stock racer from the pittsburgh, pa area and can't wait for the 5/24/2008 race I just wish they would post the rules so  i could get started on my car asap, I would like to here from some of last years entries  

rjrinc rjrinc
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 12/15/07
07:31 PM

I spoke to Frank last week. Looks like this things going to grow......Bristol now on the schedule for April 5th.

We look forward to coming down and running with you guys.

Rob
Canada  

kizzy kizzy
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 12/18/07
04:46 PM

Rob I may try that bristol race also any word on rules for that race. did you run last year?

Kizzy  

1fastdodge6 1fastdodge6
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/07
Posted: 12/22/07
09:54 AM

The way the rules are being changed to make this a CHEVY race ONLY!! The cid rule makes it a chevy race, the dist they want us to run is a pile of JUNK & you will have to get it from frank at the track.Why not just make us run a 5500 chip that we will have to get at the track.IF you run a DODGE or a FORD call frank & lets make this a racers race not another Chevy race!!  

UntilTheEnd09 UntilTheEnd09
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/02/08
08:48 PM

The enduro rules are on franks site....i was there last may and just to for-warn everyone considering this series...if your planning on running with us better do your homework...this isnt a beginner class....we had a couple last year that decided to start thier racing careers at sparta....these guys are some of the best street stock drivers in the country and you cant expect to come out from nowhere and run with us....and for those that have the years and experience...come come get ya some...we love the competition  

ANG85 ANG85
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/03/08
05:35 PM

I understand that this series is full of great racecar drivers. I know that the best around come out to play (so to speak) for these races. But you speak like there is not anyone capable enough to race these races except maybe you. Maybe beginners should cut their teeth on this series but watch out for beginners luck. (maybe i am taking your whole comment out of text or maybe you need to look at what you wrote and the attitude you displayed to others. i would be surprised if anyone wanted to race against you.)  

UntilTheEnd09 UntilTheEnd09
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 01/08
Posted: 01/04/08
12:25 AM

What i am saying is most of us, well at least those of us that finished in the top ten last year have over 10,000 invested into our cars....and when a rookie with no experience and destroys himself and others in the process makes for dangerous situations....if your looking to "start" racing...do it locally...and in a few years when you got some seat time then come and race with us.....the average speed at sparta is 130 mph....its not for those that do not understand a race car....most of us have raced for years either dirt or asphalt and still had difficulty adjusting and we understand handling characteristics of street stocks...this isnt a video game  

syscokid syscokid
Posted: 01/05/08
09:58 AM

Rob   Where are you from?I am also planning a trip to Bristol from Regina Sask.and i am looking  foward to the race.  

lazermod3 lazermod3
Posted: 01/13/08
09:19 PM

sold my cars! i hope everyone lets frank know he's turning this into a night at the gatliburg go-kart races. those motor rules are b.s.!!!! what a way to destroy a good thing

btw you can get the h.e.i.'s for all the differnt motors from speedway then buy your f.k.e.n. module at the track.  
you just got greased!

lazermod3 lazermod3
09:27 PM

just for cocky prick yeah there were alot of good cars there last year but my buddy bob lanter still beat most of them with his 3000 dollar dirt car!! including me and just so ya know i just sold mine for 15000 1 race old! hope your ass ends up with 10000 dollars worth of twisted metal!!! maybe we put a bounty on ya unless your too scared to say who you are.

this race will be a joke if you all don't get the rules fixed!

if you had trouble driving that race last year you had better go back to salem and learn somethin! i cant stand some of the pricks we got at the races these days!  
you just got greased!

dodgeman3 dodgeman3
10:55 PM

In my opinion Franks on the write track! As long as we keep the rules fair and the cost down! These guys that clam to have spent 10000+ dollars to build there cars! Why? Hit the wall now you have a 10000$ peice of junk! Makes me glad I know how to build my own cars and motors! Im just your average blue collar worker building and racing on his own! Now thats what racings about!  

lazermod3 lazermod3
Posted: 01/14/08
02:02 PM

i understand the the wicker bill it leveled the field i'm for that it doesn't bother me. but when you limit rpm, compression and other items that can be in the hands of inovators i feel you take something away other than speed. you guys are going to be on the chip once your at speed and frank says otherwise but i have ran the damn race and know better. your not going to be able to pass on the restarts as well and once you hit 5500 thats it take a ride. one day you all will wake up after your superspeedway excitement wears off. there are alot more rules that hurt this deal other than what i stated. just makes me so mad that we worked so hard to help jumpstart the series and people namely frank kimmel has caved to pressure from the tracks!!  
you just got greased!

lazermod3 lazermod3
Posted: 01/14/08
02:08 PM

i'll bet that when you figure up everything you spent on your cars most people will be around 10000 and yea hit the wall and its over. but thats the chance you take and if your not willin to take that chance well good luck tryin to get into victory lane. true racers are willing to sacrifice it all, its the new breed that are destroying our racing!!! if your scared goto church not the race track.  
you just got greased!

Badbomber Badbomber
Posted: 01/17/08
09:54 AM

It is this mentallity that is killing this sport.  Frank Kimmel (by choice, not demand) worked out a deal to give all of us a chance to race on these tracks (Kentucky Motor Speedway) for starters.  99.99% of us would never have had the chance at this if it was not for Frank.  I think a big THANK YOU is in order.  When was the last time any of you raced for this kind of money?  Never!  What a chance in a lifetime.  It would be different if Frank singled out 1 racer and made a different set of rules for this guy.  But the fact is, we ALL have the same rules package.  No one is saying you have to come to this race.  But you still get on here and bash Frank.  So what does Frank do?  He tries to work out more races.  BRISTOL.  Track of all tracks.  Just step back, take a deep breath, and try to understand what Frank is trying to do here.

A big Thanks to Frank and all involved for giving the 'small time' racer the chance of a lifetime!  You're doing great and it really is appreciated!  

1 |  2 |  Next   | Last