Ad Radar

Wheres best to watch Dirt track Racing?

Item Posts    Sort Order

Wheres best to watch Dirt track Racing?

Adam74 Adam74
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 07/15/08
10:29 AM

Hello everyone, i need some help.. I am planning on making my first trip to America next year from the UK to catch as much racing as i can..
Everything from Dirt track racing, Stock car racing and Demolition Derbys..
I just wondered if any one could help me in any way, best State in the usa for racing, where has the most tracks etc..
Im hoping to stay for a couple of months..

Many thanks in advance..

Adam..  

smprace smprace
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 07/16/08
10:17 AM

Adam,

One of the best places to catch a lot of racing in one trip is Charlotte, North Carolina.

Here's a quick list of what type of racing you can see:

- World of Outlaws Late Models (April, October & November)

- World of Outlaws Sprint Cars (May & November)

- NASCAR (May & October)

- Various dirt Late Model racing including the Carolina Clash Super Late Models (March - September)

- Various asphalt Late Model racing (March - September)

- NHRA drag racing (September)

Also, there is a new dirt racing school in Charlotte called the Dirt Track Racing School. The web address is www.driveondirt.com

The Charlotte area is also home to about 80 % of all NASCAR teams. There are a bunch of raceshops you can visit. My recommendation is Michael Waltrip Racing www.RaceworldUSA.net

Please post any additional questions you may have.

Good Luck!!!  

smprace smprace
10:17 AM

Adam,

One of the best places to catch a lot of racing in one trip is Charlotte, North Carolina.

Here's a quick list of what type of racing you can see:

- World of Outlaws Late Models (April, October & November)

- World of Outlaws Sprint Cars (May & November)

- NASCAR (May & October)

- Various dirt Late Model racing including the Carolina Clash Super Late Models (March - September)

- Various asphalt Late Model racing (March - September)

- NHRA drag racing (September)

Also, there is a new dirt racing school in Charlotte called the Dirt Track Racing School. The web address is driveondirt . com

The Charlotte area is also home to about 80 % of all NASCAR teams. There are a bunch of raceshops you can visit. My recommendation is Michael Waltrip Racing RaceworldUSA . net

Please post any additional questions you may have.

Good Luck!!!  

smprace smprace
10:18 AM

Carolina Speedway & the Dirt Track at Lowes Motor Speedway are the 2 closest dirt tracks to Charlotte.

carolinaspeedway.net

lowesmotorspeedway.com/the_dirt_track  

smprace smprace
10:19 AM

Carolina Clash - carolinaclash.com

World of Outlaws World Finals Info:

lowesmotorspeedway.com/schedules/the_dirt_track/world_of_outlaws_world_finals/  

Adam74 Adam74
Posted: 07/17/08
10:09 AM

Hello mate..

First of all thankyou very much for your imformation, it really has been a great help and i now know the area i would like to visit.

It sounds perfect and is just what i was looking for!

I will look through the sites you have given me, im sure you will hear from me soon with more questions..

Thanks again..Adam.  

melvinscott melvinscott
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 07/17/08
07:46 PM

Oh yeah! I agree to that.. in North Carolina. My friend usually have race in there. by the way, what car do you use for racing?  Laugh

angel104 angel104
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 05/09
Posted: 05/14/09
04:34 PM

hi dears,angel here.i really like to watch race show in media.the most favorite one is F1 and my favorite racer is Micheal.what about you all guys?

pugmarks123 pugmarks123
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 10/10
Posted: 10/14/10
10:37 PM

The AMA Racing Dirt Track Grand Championships crown Grand National champions based on their accumulated points in all four dirt-track disciplines. The top riders compete for the AMA Dirt Track Horizon Award, which honors the amateur racer poised for success on the pro level.  
Automobile magazines*
Automobile magazine subscription

Swish7 Swish7
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 02/11
Posted: 02/10/11
09:40 AM

Hey Adam, curious as what you choose to do with your plans while you were here in the US? If you hit up North Carolina, did you enjoy it? It would be fun to hear the opinions you had...  

Adam74 Adam74
Posted: 02/11/11
07:03 AM

Hey Swish..

Cheers for the reply.

I'm yet to make it over to the US. Money issues popped up and put all my plans on hold, but everything is now back in motion and all systems are go for a visit in 2012. I was hoping to make it this year, but instead am saving and planning hard so I can get the most out of my trip.
I've joined a lot of forums like this one, to try and get as much information and tips as possible so everythings perfect.

All help on anything would be greatly apreciated, best tracks to visit, places to stay etc..

I've settled on North Carolina being my must visit place - although I hope to be over for maybe as long as two months so certainly would love to travel arround a ***

Cheers to all in advance who maybe able to add any more info and help,

Adam!